Wednesday, 4 July 2012

Make Each Moment ♥



"No minute gone ever comes back again."
~Robert Ryan~

How I only discovered Rob Ryan's illustrations last week is beyond me.
I was of course searching the Liberty website in the middle of the night, the time I often browse through the shops.
Unless of course I go to bed at 5.30pm, which has not been uncommon of recent.
A need to just not be awake for too much of the day.

So I found this beautiful little book called "The Gift" which is Carol Ann Duffy and illustrated by Rob Ryan.
My angel soul sister Tracey wrote about the book on her blog  *clicky*  as I could not resist sending her a copy.

Today is about three millions times better than the past few days have been.
The past weeks, months...

I have some sort of spring in my step, goodness only knows why.
Maybe the medication is hitting parts of my brain and dragging me into normal life again.

I bought roses again.
Beautiful pink ones which look so stunning in my room.
Beautiful sun light, fresh linen and fresh flowers are really great for the soul I must say.



Tanya has come to stay too.
She has various castings, but last night it was so lovely to talk, catch up and of course, drink a lot of tea.
It was really lovely.

I am enjoying the tennis, and my boys being home with me.



Nawww, cuteness, right?

On a whole other note; I have a job interview tomorrow by a Clinical Psychologist and a research team for a job as research assistant.
The job is a wee while away by car, but it would only be one day a week so...
It could be perfect.

So things are looking up *star gazing*


6 comments:

  1. Yay, yay and thrice yay :)

    So glad you're feeling a little better. Just giving yourself time is the most precious thing you can do, I think. Time and space and prettiness...like the roses. And the book (there is a word for that type of art, I think...but blast if I can remember it. I want to say fretwork but I don't think that's right...).

    And brilliant news on the job interview!!!! It could be such a good thing for you to have a commitment like that, as well as being something that you are passionate about. And it's one day a week, so it's not pushing yourself too much/too far/too fast. I will keep my fingers tightly crossed for you.

    Loved the end of the post, too...it reminded me of a poem I read once: 'Two men looked through prison bars, one saw mud, the other, stars.

    Keep looking up at those stars, Miss. They're twinkling right back at you x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you thank you thank you.
      You inspire me so much <3

      Delete
  2. Rachie I'm so glad you have some spring in your step today! I think of you often and now follow your blog regularly (don't know why I didn't follow you sooner)... but I recognize that you are one very special lady. Even though we've never met, I feel a deep connection with you through the similar struggles we've had.

    Good luck with the interview tomorrow. Just be yourself, no need to worry or stress! They will undoubtedly see your brilliance (and if they don't, you wouldn't want to be working with them anyways because they would obviously be losers).

    All my love to you Rachie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your mutual understanding saddens me and yet also connects me to you.
      Stephanie you have been so supportive of me and I am just so grateful.
      Truly you are <3

      Delete
  3. I'm so glad to hear that you are beginning to feel better. I know that feeling of needing to sleep the day away. Good luck tomorrow. I will be thinking of you, and sending positive thoughts your way. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A hope you have had a great day and congratulations on the poem :)

      Delete